Translate

Sunday 21 May 2017

Author of the Week ~ Lucy

Each week one of our fabulous writers will be published here on our classroom blog, in celebration of their hard work.


Dear Oak Tree,
Please don’t lose your leaves. Why are you dropping your leaves? Are you freezing cold? Although I like playing in your leaves. I like jumping in your leaves like a frog jumping in the pond. Sometimes I enjoy swimming in your leaves like a dolphin. I suppose it will be a sad time with your leaves falling. I hope you will be ok in the winter. I have lots of questions. I hope you have a good winter.
Love from Lucy


Lucy has put a lot of thought into this piece of writing, and added lots of descriptive detail. I particularly like the phrase "Jumping in your leaves like a frog jumping in the pond". We were working on using a range of sentence starters in our writing, and Lucy has definitely achieved this, which helps to add interest and variety to her writing. Keep it up Lucy!


No comments:

Post a Comment